West Bengal ITI Admissions: Eligibility Criteria
The WBSCVT has divided the ITI courses into two groups:
- Group “M” trades
- Group “E” trades
We are provided:
- Group “M” trades – Electrician, Fitter, and Surveyor
- Group “E” trades – Welder, and Plumber
The eligibility criteria for West Bengal’s Industrial Training Institutes are as follows:
- The candidate should not be less than 14 years first day of academic session.
- There is no upper age limit for applying to these courses.
- Candidates aspiring for admissions to these courses should have passed 8th/10th from a state-recognized school. (Students from other states aren’t eligible.)
- For ITI group “M” trades, the candidate must have passed 10th.
- For ITI group “E” trades, the candidate must have passed 8th grade.
Age Relaxation Criteria for Admissions (the up limits):
The government-affiliated programs offer some special age relaxation for selected categories.
- Ex-servicemen – 45 Years
- War Widows – 45 Years
- Widows/Separated Women – 35 Years
- Physically Handicapped – 35 Years
|Age||Candidate must be 14 years and above first day of academic session, are eligible for the admission; No Upper Age Limit|
|Domicile||Candidates aspiring for admission in ITI run by government/ PPP must have passed Class 8th/ 10th from any school located in West Bengal. Students from other states are not eligible for admission in any of the government ITI.|
|Education Qualification for ITI ‘M’ Group Trades||Candidates should have passed Class 10th for qualifying ITI trades that fall under ‘M’ category.|
|Education Qualification for ITI ‘E’ Group Trades||For ITI trades that fall under ‘E’ group, the candidate must have passed Class 8th.|